Date: 2 November to 21 November 2019
Duration: 20 days
Level: Very hard
Registration Fee: £250 (non refundable)
Cost: £2,850* (flights included)
Minimum fund-raising target: £2,500
*Prices guaranteed for bookings taken before 30 April 2019
*Self funding fee (no further fundraising required) is £3,850
Join us for the challenge of a life-time on our exclusive Everest Base Camp Trek 2019.
Test your physical and mental strength for the ultimate prize of standing in shadow of the highest point on earth.
The journey starts in the north-east of Nepal, in the Himalayan town of Lukla, and winds upwards through the forests of Khumbu, traversing rivers, gorges and glacias.
The highlight of the trek is an ascent of Kala Patar, a high point on the slopes of Mt Pumori – widely recognised as one of the best vantage points for views of Everest – followed closely by the visit to Base Camp of the world’s highest mountain.
We can’t lie – it’s going to be tough – but our expert leaders and guides will ensure your safety is a priority.
The children we support have their own mountains to climb. In reaching your goal, we can help many more young crime victims across the UK reach theirs.
“As a ‘veteran’ of two Himalayan trekking adventures, the most recent in the breath-taking Annapurna region of Nepal, I know Base Camp will be a life-enhancing experience like no other. If you have two feet and yearn for a magical mystery tour, then this is it!”
Anne Campbell, CEO
- Stand in the shadow of the world’s highest mountain (8,848m)
- Soak in breath-taking panoramic views of snowy peaks including Lhotse (8511m), Makalu (8481m), Nuptse (7879m), the list goes on!
- Enjoy unique Sherpa culture and hospitality on your trail, staying in a network of small lodges
- Time to explore one of Asia’s most magical cities – Kathmandu
Facts and figures
- The 20 day trek is a round-trip of 130km.
- It will take 10 days to get to base camp.
- An average of 5 – 6 hours trekking each day.
- At the highest point you will be 5360M above sea level
- Expect to burn around 5,000 calories per day
How we’ll support you
- Dedicated fund-raising support from the Embrace team.
- Embrace Everest Base Camp Trek 2019 wicking top
- Embrace fundraising materials to help you reach your target
- Access to an online trainer for advice and support
- A Facebook page to chat and share training tips with your fellow trekkers
Secure your place today – click here to book and pay your registration fee online.